Dr. Carol Miles and Daphne Lewis are coauthors of this book on how to farm
bamboo. Buy from Earth Advocates Research Farm.
Chapters: Botany, Site Selection, Sources, Planting, Soils, Irrigation, Pests, Control of
Spreading, Harvesting Shoots, Renovating Existing Groves, Harvesting Poles, Fodder, Marketing
Shoots, Encyclopedia of 29 species of
Photos left to right.
1. Daphne and friend in grove of henon bamboo in Kirkland, Washington
2. Volunteers working in a research grove at WSU in Puyallup
3. Henon grove with meadow beyond
4. Bamboo shoots cut in various beautiful patterns
5. New shoot next to old cane
6. Bamboo shoots stir fried with other vegetables
7. Henon bamboo shoots with assorted vegetables
8. Dr. Carol Miles and Daphne Lewis
This handbook by Daphne Lewis in 1998 is for quick reference. It has a
table of 30 species of bamboo. The columns are NW Height in feet, Max diameter, Min. Temp,
Quality of poles and wood, Shoot season, Forage quality, previous flowering dates,
flowering cycle, First introduction to US/PI # and comments. Buy from Daphne Lewis.
Original copies printed on bamboo paper. These are printed on tree paper.
(limited supply) firstname.lastname@example.org